Advance Decisions to Refuse Treatment in Practice
This micro skills course builds on the principles of Advance Decisions to Refuse Treatment. It focuses on the practical steps involved in supporting patients requesting the development of an advance decision.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List possible treatments that could be included in an advance decision to refuse treatment
- Identify how patients who are in the early stage of a dementia but have capacity, may state what treatments they wish to refuse and in what circumstances
- List the complexities of constructing an ADRT with a patient who is currently well
- Identify how a patient with a life limiting illness may state what treatments may be either withdrawn or withheld
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.