Adrenal Disease and Steroid Replacement Therapy
This micro skills course will review the applied physiology and pharmacology of the adrenal gland, with the implications for anaesthetizing patients for adrenalectomy.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the effects of the hormones produced by the adrenal cortex and medulla
- Describe the importance of normal physiological control of release of these hormones and how this affects clinical management
- Apply pharmacological principles to the preoperative management of patients with adrenal disease
- Describe the principles of management of patients undergoing surgery for adrenal disease
- Describe the implications of steroid replacement therapy for the anaesthetist
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.