Administration of Intravenous Sedation
This micro skills course will cover the necessary equipment, safe titration and ideal end point for outpatient dental sedation with midazolam.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the equipment required for intravenous sedation
- Explain the basic principles of safe drug titration
- Describe how to administer intravenous sedation to a dental patient, along with the recovery and discharge process for patients receiving intravenous sedation
- Describe how to manage intravenous sedation related complications
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.