Adherence and Concordance in Young People
This micro skills course examines factors that influence the way young people take medicines in adolescence. It will also explore some of the challenges encountered by health professionals who care for young people who may have health beliefs conflicting with those of their parents or professionals.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the factors that influence young people, their parents or carers in their approach to following prescribed management and treatment plans
- Discuss issues related to the prescribing and usage of medicines in young people
- Consider strategies for engaging young people and their parents to promote concordance and adherence
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.