Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
This micro skills course is devoted to the epidemiology, causes, diagnosis, management and prognosis of ARDS. The pulmonary pathophysiology outlined is used as a rationale for proposed management strategies and their limitations. Detailed answers to questions posed in the micro skills course provide important additional learning material.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify patients with ARDS
- State some risk factors for and epidemiology of ARDS
- Give a fundamental overview of ARDS pathophysiology
- Explain the role for computerized tomography (CT) scanning in patients with ARDS
- Describe the limitations of available therapies for patients with ARDS
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.