Acute Pain: History, Examination and Simple Uni-dimensional Tools
This micro skills course is an introduction to the assessment of acute pain. It will cover history taking and physical examination, concentrating on the measurement of pain, particularly the use of simple unidimensional tools.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the role of assessment in acute pain
- List the important aspects of pain history taking
- List the important aspects in the physical examination of a patient with pain
- Describe some of the common unidimensional tools used for measuring acute pain
- Describe the role of behavioural assessment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.