Acute Kidney Injury
This micro skills course focuses on the definition and treatment of acute kidney injury, an increasingly common problem in the critically ill patient.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define the term ‘acute kidney injury’ (AKI)
- List the causes and risk factors associated with the development of AKI, with particular relevance to the critically ill patient
- Describe the pathophysiology behind AKI
- Discuss the role of therapies used to prevent AKI and the difficulties involved in the treatment of this condition
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.