Acute Confusion and Off Legs
Common in older people, delirium, also known as acute confusional state and ‘off legs’ have subtle features, leading to under-diagnosis. A result of several causes, they may lead to serious long term problems. Early recognition and management is therefore vital.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of delirium (acute confusion)
- Identify delirium at an early stage
- Institute management strategies for delirium
- Explain the common causes of ‘off legs’
- Provide initial assessment and management of ‘off legs’
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.