Acute and Late Effects of Proton Treatments
This micro skills course outlines how acute and late toxicities may differ between proton and photon radiotherapy, and the potential for proton beam therapy (PBT) to reduce some late radiation related side effects. It explains the rationale for clearly defined patient follow-up schedules with careful collection of tumour and toxicity outcomes to improve the evidence base for PBT.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the potential for PBT to reduce late effects
- Recognise the potential differences in acute and late effects between PBT and photon therapy
- Describe the rationale for clearly-defined follow-up schedules and careful follow-up with documentation of toxicity
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.