Acids and Bases
This micro skills course discusses and defines terms commonly used in acid-base chemistry and relates the importance of acid-base balance to the anaesthetist. Conventional models of acid-base chemistry are examined and the functioning of the glass electrode used for measuring pH is reviewed.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the importance of acid-base chemistry to the anaesthetist
- Define the commonly used terms in acid-base chemistry
- Discuss the function of the pH glass electrode
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.