Abnormalities Of The Dentition
This micro skills course looks at abnormalities affecting the dentition including the assessment, diagnosis and management of missing, extra, abnormally formed and ectopically positioned teeth.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify and define a number of abnormalities affecting the dentition
- Explain how to classify hypodontia, know which teeth are most commonly missing and how it is managed in the short and long-term
- List the type and effect supernumerary teeth have on the dentition and the treatment required
- Identify the difference between gemination and fusion of teeth
- Identify ectopic teeth and understand when and how they are managed
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.