Abnormal Blood Sugar Levels and Hypoglycaemia
This micro skills course outlines the management of intercurrent illness, high blood sugar levels and the prevention of diabetic ketoacidosis in children with diabetes. It will also cover the aetiology, prevention and treatment of hypoglycaemia.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe how to advise children, families and other professionals on adjusting blood sugars during illness
- Explain how to manage high blood sugar levels
- Outline the reasons for recurrent diabetic ketoacidosis
- State the risk factors for hypoglycaemia
- Explain how the body regulates blood sugar levels
- Describe the different stages experienced by a child or young person who is experiencing a hypo (hypoglycaemia)
- State the different treatments for a hypo
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.