Abdominal Visera Large Intestine
This micro skills course outlines the anatomy of the colon, its arterial and venous blood supply, lymphatic drainage and relationship to important adjacent structures: including the ureters, duodenum, liver and gallbladder, stomach, spleen and peritoneum.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the histology of the colon
- Identify the components which make up the colon and explain their relationship to the peritoneum and adjacent structures
- Outline the arterial supply, venous and lymphatic drainage of the colon
- Differentiate between the colon and small intestine based on their differing macroscopic and microscopic features
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.