This micro skills course describes the common causes for ascites and the procedure for obtaining a diagnostic sample.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the common causes of ascites
- Recognize the indications and contraindications for diagnostic paracentesis
- Describe the procedure for obtaining an ascitic fluid sample
- Explain the common investigations for ascitic fluid
- Recognize the potential complications of paracentesis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.